• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hooking egt gauges to 09 dragons??

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
is there anything different about hooking into the electrical system of the injected sleds for egt? on the carbed models you just tapped into a line near the mag to get impulse for rpm and tapped into a positive lead for power and grounded the device. concerned about the sensitivity of the electrical system on the injected sleds. any advice is appreciated.

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
it looks like you did this on a new sled, so not much time running it yet? my concern is the sensitivity the injected sleds have regarding their electrical systems. on my carbed rmk's it was a no brainer. the injected sleds were having problems burning up capacitors, etc...you have to be much more careful "tapping" into wires. wondering if anyone here has some time on theirs from last year?

F

fraufarm

Nov 27, 2007
North Dakota
well isnt there like an "aux" plug-in deal with a brown and yellow wires coming to it for say a heated shield or something somewheres?
I havent received my new sled yet so i couldnt tell ya, but if its running off of that id say you'll be fine, cuz it has to handle the extra load from the other uses...

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
my sled has 3 aux. hook ups for whatever you want to plug into them.... their shouldnt be any problems using any of them.... used one for the oil pump on my turbo and the other for my egt's, they're there to be used so use them, ran egt's the same way on three sleds last year and never had any issues what so ever, two tm8's and one td8, just make sure to sauder the wires together and not use a scotch lock or something cheap a long the same lines

Fast_XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where do you hook up to get a Tach pulse, as I am running an Avenger II and not using the Poo gauge?
How many pulses do you set it to?
Thanks,
Neil

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
thats the reason for my question.....on an 07 carbed model, you hook the avenger into the yellow lead coming out of the mag. there is a group of wires that come out of the mag....brown and also yellow wire. all you needed to do was tap the yellow and run another to ground. this gives you power for the gauge and also pulse.....i believe it should be set to 6. if you tap off aux plugs, you can lose pulse strength. closer to the mag the better.

B
Sep 16, 2008
You might want to recheck the instructions regarding the tach pickup. (And so may I). I thought many of them get attached to the ground side of the coil, not the power. Thus they have less tendancy to diminish fire, if I understand it right. I believe that is what I read in the Innovative LM-2 AFR package.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
ttt
where were those aux plugins at jkinzer? just behind the airbox under the panel? which one did you use?

i used the one on the steering post right below the console to run my oil pump, and the one that is in the front left corner of the belly pan right on the outside of the aluminum shield for the egt's.

Premium Features