• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Dragons

G
Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman, Montana
I don't see any excitement on the new 800 Dragons this year, what's up with that ? I"m thinking of getting a new 800 Dragon RMK, but now I'm concerned bought the drivers balling up with snow!

A

augerin

Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls Wa.
The hype from last year hasn't changed, It is a blast to ride and a great performer. I did have the ice problem, but learned to roll the sled on it's side and spin the track hard to through it out. Seemed to work well the few times it happened.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
It's an awesome sled, the hype was well deserved. I never had any ice build up in the 5-600 miles I put on it last year.

S
I got mine 2 weeks ago, got the pipe and can, the vents, and am ready to go. I have a friend I ride with that bought the 08 800 and never had one issue except for all the crying he had to hear from everyone else he was beating up all the hills. LOL!

Buy one, you will love it!

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
I don't see any excitement on the new 800 Dragons this year, what's up with that ? I"m thinking of getting a new 800 Dragon RMK, but now I'm concerned bought the drivers balling up with snow!

The excitement shouldn't be all that since it's not new. It was out last year so now it's just another sled in the line up when it comes down to it. It's still a great sled I'm sure but as with anything once it's older then a few months the newness wears off and so does the excitement.

A
Jan 3, 2008
Perry, UT
I think the reason you arent hearing a whole lot about them this year is because they didnt change a whole lot are are just refined a bit over last year so there isnt a whole lot to talk about. Cat's dropped about 22lbs so there's a quite a bit to talk about there and the Ski-doo's made some clutching changes so maybe they'll actually run this year :) Just kidding, the new doos that I rode with last year that were running well ran VERY well.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
09 D8 155=472lbs
08 D8 155=487lbs
that's 15lbs loss of weight with the further refinement the 09 Dragon should kick @$$
new-bumper -rear skid -sway bar -controls

you forgot ..new programming..2 sled lengths faster then last year..new pistons, head and programmed for 2 fuels... as well as way better refined shocks all the way around and a new swaybar that really helps handling, and a new frt body/bumper that also looses several pds of weight..

Premium Features