• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 dragon slp/hps

N
Feb 2, 2008
white rock bc
got my d8 snowcheck and put my hps can in, sounds awsome!!! just wondering if down the road i wanted to put a slp single in would it work good with the hps can? i also have a clutch kit from carls the same set up as dragon stew and apperently it does not run good unless you have an slp single.... true or false???

B
Sep 16, 2008
As I understand, the aftermarket cans have insufficient backpressure. Well, in early free flow pipes for the VTX1800, there was a similar issue. Yea, I know that's comparing a 4S to a 2S. However, mu point is that the backpressure issue was solved with a mere washer suspended in the middle of the exhaust stream. Result was good sound (personal opinion) and controlled backpressure.

Will this work on the 2s cans that are reputed to drop HP due to lack of backpressure? I like the weight reductions but hate compromising the HP.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
do you think its worth selling my hps and buying the single or should i just give the hps a try , i have never heard and or used the hps?
the slp single works real good..but you must clutch for it as well...geraing helps as well....call carls or slp for both....

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
ak i think i have the same clutching you do got it from carls, but will it work with a stock pipe and an hps can or do i need the slp pipe for the clutching to work properly?

according to carls..its a bit much for the stock pipe...I think it will pull it at lower elevations if you add some gears and maybe go a little stiffer on the primary spring..if you do go the slp single or clutch kit..hit up justin(snowjw) on here..he has em in stock and is great to deal with..I just ordered some more stuff from him and his prices and service are second to none....

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
would i be better off running the stock clutching with the stock pipe, a little much does that mean it will rev to high or wont shift right?thanks

since you have it try it...carl"s said it wouldnt want to rpm with that much helix on the stock pipe...I didnt put mine in until after I rode it with the single.then I put in the clutching...I have found even with the stock pipe but more so with the slp single that it wants to run 8300-8450 (8100-8300 with the stock pipe)anything less and it doesnt climb as good...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
ok iam going to slap it in i will let you know how it runs, thanks ak!!
if it wont pull the r's ..slp make a spring just slightly heavier on top then stock..it shows it in the clutching chart in the instructions for the single pipe...but you should be good...

Premium Features