• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

carls 840 big bore for 700cfi

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I rode one at the end of last season. As far as I am concerned, that 840 in a Dragon 155 is "The Ideal" boondocking sled. I loved it...hope to put one in my 700 next year.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Super strong performance for your 700! I also think it pretty much makes for the ultimate free ride mtn boondocker especially when you are starting with the 700. A ported and piped perfectly setup 700 is one thing...this is in an entirely new performance catagory. DO IT!

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Buddy has one on an 08 163"........Everything you could want in a sled....very well clutched, fast, reliable, even economical. Boondockers dream come true.

modsled

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Warden,WA
I have a 860 cfi being built as I type. I bought one just off how good the 840 was running. 860 kit, Better Boards, lots of Holz parts and some snow and the only excuse I'll be able to use is ~~~~?? I picked the wrong line?
Rett

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
You'll scare $5k pretty good.

$3995 for the kit. Then you buy reeds and your choice of pipe... usually a single pipe. Then you put a bunch of vents on the machine and the needed clutching. If you do the work yourself you might squeak in under $5k.

sled_guy

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Two different animals....and I know for a fact as I rode them both the same day. Plus the 840 is pump fuel....and much better throttle response. Top end the turbo will beat it easily with enough boost.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Top I will add to AO's comments by saying it totally depends on where you account for "ahead". With this 840 kit you put pump gas in and you just go ride it. It is exactly like the stock 800 or 700 in terms of pull and go ride. No tuning, no wrenching, and NO WORRY. The Carl's kit is designed specifically for the discerning well healed customer who wants superior consistant in field performance without having to turn a wrench or even having to worry about the possibility of turning a wrench. Consistant day to day condition to condition high performance mtn snowmobiling. Having put away the turbo hill dominator long long ago and gone to all day everyday excellent all around FUN performance I can attest that they have hit the nail on the head. Never had so much fun riding high performance sleds as these past couple seasons.

The amount of money one lays out for the first part of the program is not necessarily accounting for the "ENTIRE COST" for comparison! Keep that in mind when comparing apples to oranges.

T

trench

Nov 28, 2007
what kind of hp numbers are the 840 kits making? and how much more is the 860 hp wise thanx in advance

I asked the same question , and always got the same answer , and finaly after being a Dynotech subscriber and reading other reports from other dyno shops,now I finaly undersand .
Lets just say from what I have heard and some reports on the comparisons.
They make close to the same power , and in the right conditions lets just say 175-180 hp , lets see if some one will agree or disagree, thats my guess.:D

S

snoboy

Dec 4, 2007
Maple Valley Wa
SLPs 777 kit dynos at 160hp so I'd guess the 840 could be apx. 170+hp considering it's 63cc more and it uses larger throttle bodies and bigger injectors.

Premium Features