• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CPI vs SLP??

I
Sep 29, 2008
Idaho Falls Idaho
I have an 05 900 RMK with an MBRP can and a fire&ice intake, I want to get a pipe for it this year and am trying to decide between a CPI and the SLP, or any others you would recomend. I also want to know who has a good clutch kit for these 900's. Thanks in advance.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
I have the slp pipe with a cpi can and love it. my brother has the whole cpi set up and it runs great too. don't think you can go wrong with either but with the slp you are supposed to have the ecu reflashed and with cpi they say you don't

RMK4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I've heard good and bad things about about CPI. My buddy had a set of their twins on his '02 800 and they ran great but after not very long they started coming apart. The construction wasn't the greatest. He went to a set of SLP race twins and never looked back. I had another friend that had a pipe set from CPI and they were super tough. So really its all up to you.

O

oregunrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Willamette Valley
I have had both on my 06. CPI racing is def louder than the slp. Not wanting to trash anyone but the customer service at cpi is not the same as slp. Ive left messages on three occasions for tech help and trying to get hp charts from them and no answer. The cpi pipe and can has held up good and you do not need to reflash. It def sounds better imo.

R
Nov 29, 2007
ive never liked cpi they make really pretty pipes but ive never seen a sled run good consistently with them i would almost swear by slp

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
slp

I have a Slp pipe with a mbrp can(slp can is too heavy) and it works good for me. I think my sled ran a little smoother after the reflash. The reflash also raises the rev limiter which is nice if you want to run nos.

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
on my 9 i ran it both ways. slp pipe / cpi can and slp pipe with slp can. Cpi sounded cool but was built buy a 3rd grader and didn't run nearly as good as the slp stuff

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i also ran the slp pipe/cpi can on my 9. it sounded great and was a little lighter but i think it ran better with the slp pipe/can. as far as a clutch kit slp had one right on the money a few years ago, pink/green primary spring and 68g weights in the primary or somewhere near there, i dont remember the numbers on the secondary though its been three years since i put it in.... sure worked good though

Premium Features