• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris dealers!! Help!!

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
OK! so I have an 06 900 RMK I would like to get the fuel tank/Pump recall taken care of ,but i have a problem! I live in New Mexico and the closest Dealer I might leave my sled with ( Still Not likley) Is 200 miles each way so at the cost of fuel its not worth it.I should just buy the tank myself and save the time and money! The dealer I talked to said because its a saftey recall they have to see the sled! Why? I will tear it down and check their work anyway! If anyone can or will help me out on this I would greatly appreciate it !

H
Nov 26, 2007
gillette, WY
well i just had my dealer do mine on my 05 , but the old tank looked perfect. i would have had no problems using that tank for at least a year. well i brought it home and pulled the tank back off to pull the engine out to put 06 pistons in and compfusions mounts, and there's no way it should take a dealer more than 1 hour to replace the tank, so i would wait untill you go on a trip riding someplace close to a dealer and call ahead and make an appointment with that dealer to throw the new tank on your sled, shouldnt take them 1-2 hours max.

just my .02

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Not a bad thought there happy ! The dealers I have been to in the Local area leave a bit to be desired to say the least! they are pretty clueless. I does not really matter becuse I would /will check the work anyway Even if I took it to Carls or anywhere . No one cares about my baby like I do ! I would also just like to save the trouble and do it myself!

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
last i heard polaris is no longer making the fuel sender "recall" updates,that go with the new tank, for the rmk 900's, we just did one at the shop last month and it took forever to get the parts, polaris techs had to peice it together for us

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Heres the TSB info

A warranty repair... not a recall

Service Bulletin

S-06-11A
S-06-11B

SUBJECT: 2005 900 IQ / 2006 700 HO and 900 IQ Fuel Pump Float and Fuel Filter Replacement

PURPOSE:
Polaris has determined that the fuel pump sender floats used on the snowmobiles listed in the affected models table can deteriorate. The float particles generated by the deterioration can contaminate the fuel system including the fuel filter and fuel
injectors. Fuel system contamination from these particles can cause reduced engine performance, and may cause engine and/or exhaust system damage.

Polaris has developed two kits to repair the issue on affected units.

The first kit, PN 2203447, is designed for affected snowmobiles with 1000 (1600 Km) or more miles on the odometer. The repair kit consists of a new fuel pump sender float and a new fuel filter.

The second kit, PN 2203424, is for affected snowmobiles with less than 1000 miles (1600 Km) on the odometer. This kit will only consist of a new fuel pump sender float.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
thanks !

Heres the TSB info

A warranty repair... not a recall

Service Bulletin

S-06-11A
S-06-11B

As Always you deliver the goods and help out ! Thanks for the gret info ! I guess I will call one of the dealers and see if they will help me with the one of these kits I dont care about the tank so much. just dont want to clog an injector and burn down !

Again! thanks Mountainhorse if Polaris does not pay you thay should:D:D

K

Premium Features