• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Can on 800 dragon

F
Sep 13, 2008
Any thoughts on the SLP Can.... Was thinking on installing it on my new 800 Switcher...I have heard of loss of power?, is that true. Love the sound. Thanks for any input.

T

towngrunt

Apr 17, 2008
I had put a SLP can on my 08 800 dragon and switched to an HPS and love it.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Any thoughts on the SLP Can.... Was thinking on installing it on my new 800 Switcher...I have heard of loss of power?, is that true. Love the sound. Thanks for any input.

I run the slp can(of course it is hooked to the slp single as well) love the sound ...

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
I've never run the stock pipe with the SLP can I don't think there would be a power loss as that specific can is meant for the stock pipe where as there is another can that is meant for the SLP pipe. I've run the HPS can with a stock pipe and thought that it had performed very well as that combination.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
So the question is???? does the pipe really work??? and is it enough gain to pay for it???? everyone seems to like the cans!!!! from everyone

Apr 21, 2008
I run the slp can(of course it is hooked to the slp single as well) love the sound ...

The SLP can that comes with the Single pipe is actually different than the one for stock pipe. I believe it is because the SLP single is tuned different than the stock pipe. You may want to check with your dealer before going to a can other than SLP. My dealer told me that while he could sell me any brand can, the only one that doesn't void the engine warranty is the SLP.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
The SLP can that comes with the Single pipe is actually different than the one for stock pipe. I believe it is because the SLP single is tuned different than the stock pipe. You may want to check with your dealer before going to a can other than SLP. My dealer told me that while he could sell me any brand can, the only one that doesn't void the engine warranty is the SLP.

how can they void a warrany because of a can?

M

mattdenn

No experience with the SLP can, but my buddy put an HPS on his D8 and it sounds good. Not too loud, not too quiet.
From personal experience, the only thing a can does is drop significant weight. The "power" difference is very minimal, if any. It does give the rider mental power though.
Wheelie Time, Whoooo!

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
I agree with Mattden..most cans gains are extremely minimal. The weight savings is there best benifit and the sound/tone change.

As far as warranty goes they would have to specifically "exclude" it in the owners manual. I didnt see anything like that. A dealer would have to be able to prove that the modification that you did lead to the cause of the failure. For example if your grip heaters went out and you had a boondocker nitrous kit it would be covered. If you had just put on a new left side throttle and it cut through warranty would not cover it.

Premium Features