• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dragon 700 slp pipe?

charlie99

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SL
I put a single pipe on my 08 dragon 700 last year and my service engine light started to flash, Took it in and the dealer said it was because of the pipe and said I need a ecu re flash, but slp says no reflash needed so whats up. Should i get a control box for the pipe if so what kind.
Thanks

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
hmm..just out of curiosity does the 7 pipe come with a resistor? on my D-8 you have to run the resistor under 6ooo ft, to richen it up ...might ask slp if the 7 doesnt come with the resistor if you could try one to richen it up enough to solve your problem...

M
Mar 14, 2008
MI
No resistor on the 7. Check engine light has nothing to do with the pipe. No reflash, you dealer sound like an dick. Tell him to check stuff out before sending you away.

Last edited:

charlie99

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SL
I'm gonna switch the pipe off and take it in again and see what they find when they don't have a pipe to blame.

S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
How many flashes was it? I beleive when mine did it...it would cycle 3 flashes in a row and then start over. Those three flashes ment it was the factory temp sensor in the pipe was reading wrong. Replaced that sensor and it quit flashing at me. Just something to check I guess.

John

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Call Carl's Cycles and ask for Chris, they have been selling a spacer for some of the 700's (if yours didnt come with the Y-pipe). There are 2 versions of the SLP pipe, one comes with the y-pipe.

Klutch

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
Any difference in power with the y-pipe version, I never got a y-pipe?

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
I was told by Carl's shop that the spacer allows the pipe to pull harder on the top end. :eek: For $14.00 I thought what the heck, I'll give it a shot. ;)

E
Apr 10, 2008
I put a single pipe on my 08 dragon 700 last year and my service engine light started to flash, Took it in and the dealer said it was because of the pipe and said I need a ecu re flash, but slp says no reflash needed so whats up. Should i get a control box for the pipe if so what kind.
Thanks

The service engine light has nothing to do with the pipe or the engine at all. Its a service engine reminder you can set yourself for certain mileage intervals as a service reminder and it can be shut off totally. Its done thru your MFD gauge switch and the details are in your owners manual. Also find a new dealer if thats what they said as they are retarded.

J
Mar 7, 2008
Ya ride your sled hard with that light flashing in different sequences all the time and then come back and tell us it has nothing to do with the engine...

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
Service Reminder

The service engine light has nothing to do with the pipe or the engine at all. Its a service engine reminder you can set yourself for certain mileage intervals as a service reminder and it can be shut off totally. Its done thru your MFD gauge switch and the details are in your owners manual. Also find a new dealer if thats what they said as they are retarded.

If it is the service engine reminder then he is exactly right.

If it is the check engine light that is another issue.

Premium Features