• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Glue!!!!

S
Got my 09 Dragon. Took all the foam off under the hood and started to try to remove all the glue residue. What a pain in the azz! I did find a product that did work great though with not too much work. Go to an automotive paint distributor and buy a can of 3M #08987. It is an aerosol can and it did a great job. Just put a coat on the area, wait a few minutes because it will flash, put another coat on, wait a few more minutes and it will roll up in blobs pretty easy. It does take time but it wasn't wrenching on my fingers like the other stuff I have used in the past. Oh yeah, wear some nitrol gloves or rubber gloves, it keeps the sticky crap off your fingers and the rubber helped it roll up.

LET IT SNOW!!!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
comes in can as well... the key is soaking down the glue real well like you said...

5166EWDYE8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

S
Yeah, I bought that same can but, the aerosol worked great on the hood while it's open. I was able to control the spray and then when it was time to wipe it all down with a rag I used the can to soak the rag and wipe it all clean.

Thanks for giving the extra info mountain horse!

Premium Features