• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

11 series weights??

M

metallicat

Nov 27, 2007
Rugby, ND
I'm kind of curious what the 11 series weights are all about. My buddy put them on his 900 and said they pulled alot better. So i put them on my 800 edge when i still had it and it made a big difference especially in the bottom end. It ended up that my 07 D7 had the same size weights so i also ran them in that but i don't think i noticed quite as much difference. Is this what they are really made for is a replacement, harder pulling weight or are they supposed to be part of a whole different clutch setup. I understand they are a little steeper pitch. Would it be beneficial to try them on the Assault i wonder? If they are just a better pulling weight, why don't they run them stock?? Just curious. Thanks.

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
On the 900's the weights rubbed on the spider..... and prevented shift out...... so either people ground their spider to allow the weights to run full travel or they put on the series 11's which had a thinner tip which didn't rub on the spider....

I tried the 11's but the 11's should be ordered atleast 2 grams less than the 10's to run the same rpm.....

I'd have to imagine that the 07's and up had their clearance issues dealt with and probably why you didn't notice as much of an improvement as your buddy who used them.......

I thought they didn't grab the belt as hard... but went back to the 10's and dropped from 74's to 70's series 10's on my 900.... The 72G 11's actually lowered my rpm's from my 74's.....

Not sure what the Dragon's have experienced with the series change.....????

Premium Features