• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anti Ratchet drivers on the 09's

Cardiac Kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2001
For the lucky guy who have the 09 800 Dragons, did Polaris change the Anti Rachet drivers from the 08's and if so what did they do. Mine gave me fits with packed snow, off and on, all last yr whenever the snow go a little warm.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
For the lucky guy who have the 09 800 Dragons, did Polaris change the Anti Rachet drivers from the 08's and if so what did they do. Mine gave me fits with packed snow, off and on, all last yr whenever the snow go a little warm.
Give your Center driver a shot of Heavy Duty silicon spray before you unload(dont be shy) I ride the Mt Baker area in Cascade crud and heavy wet snow is common place. We were carrying ice picks with us at first but later found the secret fix!
Usually it will happen after you come to a stop for a few minutes and the heavy wet snow and the warm driver cool off and freez...when you take off if you notice it start slamming the throttle down a few times..quick bursts and you usually will be fine.

Premium Features