• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

slydog skis on new iq...?

J
Dec 20, 2007
Ogden, Utah
how do the slydog skis work on the new iq?
I heard simmons don't work well and I have powder pro's but I really want white skis on my new D8 and slydogs are the only ones I know of...
Anyone run these skis or is there another brand out there I don't know about...

307 Snow*Moto

Mar 10, 2008
Big Horn, WY
Awesome

SlyDog Powder Hound skis are incredible. I came off an edge chasis with flexi-skis and thought thats was the only ski to ever own. Tried the SlyDog skis because I thought the technology was good and I loved the Camo. They float my 900 Dragon perfect, dont dart on the trail when we have to ride it, track well, side hill amazing and counter steer absolutely perfect. I have the stock carbides but if you are looking for a little more bite the 6 inch shaper carbides that they make for them are incredible Ive heard. The rep they had at the West Yellowstone is awesome, Brandon Bunker, hooked me up with the correct ski stops set up because mine were alittle short and I was having trouble with my skis dipping when the front end would come off the ground. He made it right, hooked me up with some other stuff and new the product inside and out. I am sure there are other great skis out there, powder pros, etc. but I will never own another IQ chasis without SlyDogs. I am even custom ordering a set for my wifes 600 IQ. Good luck with the decision.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Reviews are great, can't wait to try mine out. And they make white PP's now.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I ran them on my 06 RMK and now on my 08. I absolutely love them. The 06 had the different spindle design which made the steering take alot of effort. With the slydogs the steering effort went down considerably. They offer great floatation in the powder.

We do sell white Powder Pros now but I picked the slydogs and really like them.

Image-F7BEE58DC35B11DC.jpg

T
Nov 26, 2007
I'll be the "anti" guy here I guess.

Bought a IQ-R with them on. And the sled was terrible, almost impossible to turn, the ski loop design is the worst as well. Found out that rocks get wedged in the keel as well, so checking them often is necessary.

Had an Edge with C&A's, swapped ski's with the IQ-R, and the IQ-R was way better with C&A's. The Edge wasn't as good as it was with the C&A's, but the Slydogs on the Edge were a LOT better than they were on the IQ-R.

N
Dec 16, 2007
Michigan
i got them on my 06, i have tried the PP's on the same and sled and the powderhounds are way better IMO. they float and carve great and on the trial they are great also, no darting and great wear bar life.

anything is better than the stock ski's on the older IQ's

in the pic the sled on the left has the slydogs and the one on right had the PP's.

DSC00583.jpg

Premium Features