• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nitrous on a 07 dragon

A
Dec 28, 2007
AK
I have everything hooked up. I just need to mount the bottle but can't really figure out a good place to mount it. Anybody have any pics of how they mounted their bottles?

S

srosscojw

Nov 26, 2007
Kelowna BC
www.signcraft.ca
clutch side between primary and secondary, sound odd but it is the only place that I could get the 4lb bottle to fit. It took some custom finaglin to get er to fit nice but 1000+ miles later and no issues. I also know of several others that are the same.

P
Mar 25, 2003
Ellensburg, WA
mine is on an '08, but the same thing. I have a twin bottle set up with a rack boondockers makes that attaches to the tunnel tracks behind the seat. If you find you need warm nitrous, electric grip warmers work real well, just put them on a toggle switch.

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Nitrous mount

I have everything hooked up. I just need to mount the bottle but can't really figure out a good place to mount it. Anybody have any pics of how they mounted their bottles?

akdragon,

I've got my old BD mount from my 08 700. The mount bolts to two stock bolts on the handlebar hoop directly above the can with an angle for the bottle. I was easily able to fit a 4lb carbon fiber bottle in it. Pm me if your intereted.

Thanx
-T

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
This mount with the BD bracket has worked well on our 07. Good luck. EW

IMG_0521.jpg

Got some heat formable black Lexan looking stuff from the stereo install place to make a mount for the box. You will see that i started with the button safety wired to the high beam.

000_0244.jpg

I changed to this which put the button on top. The high beam buttom popped off a few times.

100_4132.jpg

A
Dec 28, 2007
AK
Thanks for the ideas guys. I got two weeks to think about it now, I work a 2 week on 2 week off schedule in Prudhoe Bay, AK. My buddy and and I were thinking about making a bracket and mounting it to the cross member in front of the motor?

mtnclimber19

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2008
Sheridan, wy
Man that sucks about the garage, but we should probably see the pics just because it would be fun to look at. I agree that I would be leery of mounting it by the clutches, I've had belts grenade and do lots of damage and had primary bolts break and the primary clutch fly off. Extra bottles can get expensive

N
Nov 2, 2004
Michigan Flats
Boondockers does have a underhood mount for the iq RMK chassis. Must be the same one EricW used. Even though the online instructions show a tunnel bag and heater.
It will not work on the 121"s though.
It is just a double backed piece of aluminum that bolts via right side bulkhead brace.
I made a steel bracket that mounts to the caliper bolts and holds the bottle right above where the pipe meets the can.
If I can I will try to get pics. Not your typical mountain or trail nitrous kit though.
This set up is a multiple stage wet kit with a digital controller and stand alone fuel system. Nothing like 4 solenoids to clutter up the underhood.:D
But first I probably should get my motor back together..LOL...

Mark

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Montana
bottle location

If you are running HPS or similar small silencer you can mount on fender in front of silencer. I used the mounting bracket that was supplied for the 700 dragon which was intended for the support bar mounting above the pipe as shown by EricW. Just punced to holes for mounting use the 2 clamps invert bottle upside down w/valve on bottom.... It was a liitle tight with the 4lb carbon bottle mounting in the location Boonedocker wanted above the pipe....

Premium Features