• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does Dobeck Performance box help?

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Dobeck Performance has an electronic jet kit for all the EFI sleds. The real technology behind the box is that it functions like a carburetor. It takes the knowledge and experience that many of us have, and converts it to a fuel injection interface. Simply figure at what point you are having your trouble, and based on carburetion logic, determine what circuit you would adjust: pilot jet and mixture screw, needle and slide speed, or main. The corresponding pot in our box will change that point in the fuel delivery curve just like a carb would. These controls make it easy to tune for different modifications. The box is to be used on EFI sleds that have performance enhancements that require more fuel to run correctly, such as pipes, heads, even big bore kits. With patented ST technology this box does not default computers, or trip engine lights. The box is the only load based system out their that monitors the demand on your motor and its fueling needs, and moves with those needs providing a perfectly tuned fuel curve that moves with your sleds EFI system. This unit plugs directly in your factory wiring harness for easy installs.

Just curious? Was wanting to know if it helps.

I
Sep 17, 2008
rocky mountains
My time around a number of different control box's including dobeck is they are definetly not as reliable as tunning a carb. Yes you do adjust them similarly but the end result is not the same. They appear more sensitive to climate change,elevation,tempature.

Bizzaz performance makes control box's for street bikes that are more like the technology we need in sleds. I think the new Boondockers box is headed in the right direction slightly but only available for boosted applications.

As for a box helping and EFI yes you they do but don't expect to ride it without constant adjustment for performance. It pisses me off when a guy in your group is constantly taking off his gloves adjusting his sled just so he can ride without bogging and problems.

Unless you can get a custom reflash on whatever sled you have i would boycott the box till they truly have a plug and play setup.

Premium Features