• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seat foam

I
Sep 17, 2008
rocky mountains
Don't ask boss seats i can tell you that. You could look up Fishers upolstery in Boise idaho. He makes amazing dirtbike seats and sled seats. He does some work for carls cycle sales i believe. If you call carls they could get you his number i bet. He made edge seats that looked stock but weighed a ton less. Great guy his name is Dave i think.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Don't ask boss seats i can tell you that. You could look up Fishers upolstery in Boise idaho. He makes amazing dirtbike seats and sled seats. He does some work for carls cycle sales i believe. If you call carls they could get you his number i bet. He made edge seats that looked stock but weighed a ton less. Great guy his name is Dave i think.
Correct info-Phone is 208-939-6513. Dave does nice work but doesn't like the Boss type foam, he uses a softer foam & compresses it...not lighter on the seat he did for me, but did a great job.
The last Boss seat I had was more like a styrofoam & it will break down over time.
My 08 seat felt too soft last year in the morning & by PM felt too hard. Might be suffering from tired bun syndrome.

H
Jan 9, 2008
Wasilla, AK
2 years ago I spent a couple days google searching and talking to foam distributors. I finally found the same type of foam that boss uses and it is called closed cell foam. I cant remember the name of the company that I talked with but i purrchased a sheet of 4' x 8' x 2"thick closed cell foam from them and he then cut the sheet into 6 32" x 20" squares and laminated them for me. cost $120. The shipping was able to go in regular parcel post for about $18. Very light wieght but also very hard to shape it around the gas tank on a polaris edge. GOOD LUCK! :beer; :beer; :beer;

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
2 years ago I spent a couple days google searching and talking to foam distributors. I finally found the same type of foam that boss uses and it is called closed cell foam. I cant remember the name of the company that I talked with but i purrchased a sheet of 4' x 8' x 2"thick closed cell foam from them and he then cut the sheet into 6 32" x 20" squares and laminated them for me. cost $120. The shipping was able to go in regular parcel post for about $18. Very light wieght but also very hard to shape it around the gas tank on a polaris edge. GOOD LUCK! :beer; :beer; :beer;

Just read a little on this.

What do they use? Minicel ... polyethylene, neopreme , Volara.

What pound density?

H
Jan 9, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I'm not 100% on the type that BOSS uses but the stuff that I bought looked and felt identicle to the BOSS foam was closed cell polyethelene. As far as the density I dont remeber what it was, I want to say it was around 2 lb per cubic inch density. Do a google search on closed cell polyethelene foam distributors. Just start calling them and questioning. That is what I did!

Premium Features