• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Got the platform now what?

C

cole_151

Dec 27, 2007
Grand meadow,MN
Ok got a 1996 ultra 680 all it has is psi pipes. I have a 156 skid for it where do i take it from here most bang for my buck? Wanna start with the tunnel either a extension or a full one? any sugestions out there?

C

cole_151

Dec 27, 2007
Grand meadow,MN
where

who are the best retailers for tunnels? my pockets are not real deep either unfortunatly......... this will be my first build...

Last edited:
X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
get a tunnel, i have seen these sleds with a big extenion and they just don't look right, a drop and roll kit at the same time is a good idea also:beer;

Depends on how handy you are with Sheet metal. I extended my 121 edge to a 151 (would fit a 156) and it doesn't look goofy at all and is very strong. I used SLP's Extension ($141) and reinforced the area where it meets the running board with 1" aluminum angle iron.Then I cut out the rear closure on the stock tunnel as to not catch it on the track and allow for a very large U-cooler that I installed.

Plus it's a lot cheaper than a tunnel and way less work. if your looking for all out performance then yes a tunnel is much better but looking at what your starting with I'm guessing that money is a big consideration.

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
on a 96 sled I simply go with rail extensions to 144. Regear and reclutch and rebuild shocks. Handle bar raisers and some SLP Powder Pros or Simmons Flex skiis and your loving life. Maybe some drop brackets for the tunnel.

You could probably sell your skid and pay for everything without having to spend another dime and many many hours.

C

cole_151

Dec 27, 2007
Grand meadow,MN
???

who makes the nicest tunnel extensions? i want it to go far enough back on the tunnel so it eliminates the holes where the coolers are to switch to a u cooler

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
SLP or Van Amburg are probably your best bet. Although you'll have to buy one for a Gen 2 if you buy the SLP one. since they aren't making a wedge specific one any more but it will work. Fabcraft and Van Amburg can make you a custom U-cooler to your specs or if you can weld aluminum you can buy the material from Van Amburg or fabcraft. I paid like 450 for mine from Fabcraft.

Premium Features