• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riser Advise

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Neeedd some riser advise...I need to change the 5.25 stock riser on my 08 D8 to an 8in...it looks like there will be enough cable length(not sure about the brake line) as the stock cables weave thru the stock riser...that will free up some length.

What taller risers are others using? What brand,model price, where did you get it..etc....
Did you have to change any cabling?
I think I would prefer a one piece sort of like the Poo or Skidoo type of style for the most part..I used a two piece before on different sled and it would twist a bit and a pain to get it exactly the same on both sides when putting bars on.

Thanks in advance to all.

G

Gone Sleddin

Nov 26, 2007
i was thinking about throwing a bar with more rise (like the new skinz bars) so i dont have to either string the cables through or cut the stock riser appart.

307 Snow*Moto

Mar 10, 2008
Big Horn, WY
Powermadd

If you are just throwing a riser under the stocker handlebars they are 7/8" at the mount. The only other company that makes a one piece riser in taller lengths than the 5 that polaris offers is Powermadd. They are one piece pivot style risers 7/8" to 7/8". Pretty nice looking. I always swap my bars out so I have to go with oversize bar adapter. RSI makes a great riser but it is 2 piece, the nice thing about their riser is that it comes with an insert so you can from either 7/8" to oversize bars or put the insert in and use it for stock bars. hope that helps.

M
Sep 4, 2007
Minnesota
Yeah, I put the powermadd on my 08 D7. went from the 3.75 to a 6". Didn't have any trouble with length of cables and wires. Not sure if the 8" would be tight or not. I like the one piece better than the multi-piece. There's just too many things that can move otherwise.

S

supersmith

Dec 2, 2007
I had a 7" fly riser on my 08 D7. You will not be able to go any higher without extending cables. I rerouted my lines and cut most of the zip ties and it was extremely tight on sharp turns. I actually rolled my bars back a touch to allow a safe amount of slack. If you want to go 8" lengthen your brake cable and throttle cable.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
I had a 7" fly riser on my 08 D7. You will not be able to go any higher without extending cables. I rerouted my lines and cut most of the zip ties and it was extremely tight on sharp turns. I actually rolled my bars back a touch to allow a safe amount of slack. If you want to go 8" lengthen your brake cable and throttle cable.

With the fly riser did you by any chance use different bars?

7" would be better than the 5...going downhill, I have to lean over and if I hit the brakes..tends to throw me off balance.

D

Dragon8hundo

Nov 26, 2007
Hartley Iowa
i installed 7" fly risers on my 08 d8 with fly Mini bend bars, which are about like your stockers and i did a little... a lot of rerouting because some brainiac at polaris decided to run my throttle cable behind the wires for my TPS sensor... anyways i have plenty of throttle but i am getting a new brake line cuz its way to short!

Here is a set of sweet FLy risers.
greenpc1.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
You really cant beat the SPG bars that have the riser built into them, IMO...

The only wires to remove would be the stock grip heaters..... The RSI heaters work great and you will still have the old ones to use as back ups.

WhistCoyboy.... sweet paintjob.... where is the remainder of the sled???

======================

I am NOT a dealer for SPG nor do I have any of these bars to sell..

This is simply a FYI about a good product that I use.

SPG is a quality driven company that has taken the time to answer a lot of questions on the phone and has come up with some great products.

http://www.skinzprotectivegear.com/snowmobileproduct.html

They currently have 2" and 4" rise bars with or without bar hooks and, which I think is great... at my request built in mounts for Mountain grab straps.

They will have 6" 8" and 10" rise bars available in August for you guys planning your summer projects.

Available in Black, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Orange

These bars are very high quality with deep knurling in the clamp area, all cromoly construction with 5 degree rise and 8 degree sweep for perfect stand up riding feel.

600_Handle_Bars_-_Hooks_Cut.JPG

600_4_Inch_Riser_Bars_Blue.jpg

Pic of my SPG bars with the Stock Polaris Polybar mounted
SPGbars.jpg

There are a few different vendors on the 4M here that sell the SPG products... give em your business!!

SPG's full line of bars...These show the hooked bars, available as straight bars, without hooks, as well

Great for the M-S and Dragons / Assault No extra Block riser needed.

Top to bottom 10", 8", 6", 4", 2"

Without hook, My 4" bar shown
SPGMountainBar-Straight4inch.jpg

Full line, shown with hooks
SPGMountainBars-FullSet2.jpg

RSI

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
BOISE, IDAHO
www.rsiracing.com
Our pivoting risers work with your stock 7/8" handlebars or fat bar 1 1/8" bars. We just did a 2009 Dragon with 8" Risers and no problem with any cables or wires. I will have pics on Monday Morning.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Our pivoting risers work with your stock 7/8" handlebars or fat bar 1 1/8" bars. We just did a 2009 Dragon with 8" Risers and no problem with any cables or wires. I will have pics on Monday Morning.
Does anyone know if the cables are the same length for the 09 vs the 08 which is what I have? The bars on an 09 are different and may be effecting the total height.

P
Nov 27, 2007
I just picked up my dragon 800sp this morning and i'm going to get rsi risers. from reading this i think i'm going with 7" riser.

Premium Features