• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cutting a windshield

F
Nov 26, 2007
I've heard that you should put tape on both sides and cut in the middle of your tape. This helps give your cut a cleaner edge....

X
Dec 11, 2007
LeMars, Iowa
tape it out with electrical tape, then use a tin snips to hack off the part that you dont want. you might have to cut chunks out of the excess part to get to the line that you want becuase you can only cut so much with a tin snips before it gets off track. i have done this to many peoples snowmobiles and they have all turned out real good

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
I use a rotozip and clean up the edges with our seamer at our glass shop. But you could clean up the eges with a regular sander.

J

jmitchell

Apr 8, 2008
ogden utah
i want to do mine as well i have an 09 dragon windshild on mine so just take the molding of the top and trim off as much as you want and cut the molding to fit? do i need to glue ot back on?
thanks

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Jmitchell, YEP just pull of the black edging cut it down to your preferred height and then reinstall the edging...I used a little gorilla glue to hold it in place. A blow dryer or heat gun will also help in reforming the edging to match up and retain the new form.

You may also want to consider painting your clear factory windscreen. The trick here is to paint the inside only. (obviously prior to re-installing the edging)

Heavy sissors work fine for the POLARIS IQ screen. Black electrical tape to trace your pattern and then cut it up.

Premium Features