• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What oil to use, or not!

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

DQ

Snow Dozer Rider
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Durango, Colorado
Mineral, semi synthetic and full synthetic sno-mo oils of many different brands. Advantages, disadvantages & cost. There so many different brands and blends for me to wade thru. Maybe the question to ask is what NOT to use in a 04' 800 Summit X and similar sleds....any advice is appreciated. Thanks, DQ :face-icon-small-con

B
Nov 26, 2007
Renton,Wa.
I have been using Red Line 2-Stroke Snowmobile oil for years, It's awesome. It is a full synthetic and burns really clean. It only costs about $30 a gallon.

BIG-D....

You are a smart man. Education is best and you determine what oil you want to use based on your research. This may help along with what ever other publications you can find. http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/ait.aspx I don't think you will find a 2-stroke oil company that has done 400,000 miles of "Snowmobile" testing besides Amsoil. However, you make your decision based on your research.

Last edited:

DQ

Snow Dozer Rider
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Durango, Colorado
Sorry I've been pretty distracted lately guys, but thanks for the replies. I'm looking into some of your suggestions....sometimes it's kinda like too much information! DQ :confused:

800Gader

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2005
Wisconsin
Amsoil

I've been using Amsoil Interceptor for 3 years with no problems and cleaning power valves is a thing of the past now. Compression on my engine has stayed the same for over 3000 miles. I buy 16 gal. kegs for $20 a gal. I'm very happy with this oil, all the way around.

Premium Features