• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question about out of state Sled Registration in WY??

G

Gone Sleddin

Nov 26, 2007
If i come into wyoming and buy an out of state registration, do i have to have an up to date registration on that sled in my home state? or is the out of state sticker good enough to ride there?

C
Nov 26, 2007
To play it safe get the sticker. Last weekend I picked one up for $25, they just asked my name an address. Last year stopped at a Pinedale gas station.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I bought one last week, all they want is your money. They don't ask you any info on the sled at all. I didn't put it on my sled either as I was riding my backup. Honestly the system sucks as there is no check for proper ownership of the sleds.

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
WY is a little laxed on their recreational vehicles. I don't think they even title their toys. At least they didn't when I lived there.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
don't be cheap...donate that dollar to search and escue!!! :beer;

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
I have a dumb question.
Why wouldn't you register your sled in your home state?
I don't really ride in colorado yet I register my sleds in colorado and join the local clubs in colorado. If for no other reason than to give the local State sled assoc. the extra numbers and cash when whey go to fight for our riding areas.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
I have a dumb question.
I don't really ride in colorado yet I register my sleds in colorado and join the local clubs in colorado. If for no other reason than to give the local State sled assoc. the extra numbers and cash when whey go to fight for our riding areas.

Maybe he just hasn't registered in his state yet, no snow there?

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
I have a dumb question.

Maybee because my home state doesn't even register sleds. Neither NM or AZ have any sort of snomachine registration or trail stickers. I typically have CO and WY out of state trail permits every year though.
Oh, and out of state CO tags, CO doesn't care who you are or what you ride either. Just send them your $30, get a blank tag for the year that you write in your own info on.

G

Gone Sleddin

Nov 26, 2007
it has been registered once, the 3 year registration expired in june. kinda hoping to get a different sled soon but hasnt happened yet and wanted to make a trip. didnt want to spend the money to reregister this one if i am going to get something else soon. oh and as for money going back to snowmobiling, come on over to jackson county minnesota and tell me how much money from registrations and joining the club is going back into this area...

Vertical Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Boyden,Ia
New sled soon? Don't do it man, I need something proven and reliable to tow my butt out of the backcountry after I blow the small bore up from too much juice!!

G

Gone Sleddin

Nov 26, 2007
New sled soon? Don't do it man, I need something proven and reliable to tow my butt out of the backcountry after I blow the small bore up from too much juice!!

haha im only 178 miles from that magic number. this dinosaur is a time bomb;)

so we'll pick you up tomorrow then?

I hear ya about S.W. Minn riding, nothing like riding in a marked ditch and calling it a trail! :D

Buy the WY trail permit and donate the extra $1.00 to search and rescue. I've been checked, and the Fish and Game guy said he checks to ensure the WY sticker was purchased. He didn't care that I didn't have MN reg.

I don't have my mountain machine licenesed either. What's the point, I don't ride it in Minn anyway. I have the short tracks licensed. Get this though, It's illegal for you to transport an unlicesed / out of date snowmobile in the state unless it's a collector or for race only applications. So when the PoPo stop and and rough you up, the them you use it for hill climbing events only. ;)

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
how does one buy an out of stae license? Can you get it at gas stations? What is the easiest way? I am planning on riding the snowies, I have no problem paying the required fee.

G

GangGreen

Jul 3, 2001
Layton utah
Just try to title it in a state that has titles like i did in utah with an old Wy. registration. three or four months later it finally went through. What a pain. they need to have Certificate of ownership or somthing to make it easyer to title out of state.

Premium Features