• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mesh material

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
None.......contact Dale Cutler at 801-224-5005 and ask for Frogz Skin...it is the best and has an adhesive that is good to -20F....the only way to go and it is Waterproof but passes gases and air...(semi-permiable) about 10.00 for 3 2" dia circles if you need pix I will send

Nov 26, 2007
CrawlOrado
go to your local fabric store

ask for mesquito netting material

it is a nylon mesh with a weave almost as tight as store bought pre filters.

I paid $8 for 2 yards in grey and black

so far it works great IMO for venting the hood

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
CPC for sure!!!

The problem with most of the home-made vents is it is not water proof meterial. Very important that it dosent let any snow dust through it.

The FROG SKINS are the coolest thing out there.

We have been looking all over for a material to use for venting and I think we have found something that will work, this may make some buisnesses mad but we found a shower curtain at Wal-mart that is water proof but we could blw air threw it I think it was $10 for a whole curtain, it came in black and other colors, we haven't been able to test it because we have no snow, but we poured beer on it and it would soak through. Just an idea. and a cheap one!

Premium Features