• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

UPDATE: SLP PIPE AND SILENCER FOR THE 2012 800 PRO RMK.

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
We recently received our 2012 Pro 800 and upon test fitting our performance silencer as well as our full pipe kit, we realized that Polaris has slightly changed the silencer mounting angle. It is not enough to justify a re-fit of our silencer, but will require the addition of a small spacer to ensure proper silencer fit. The spacer is to be installed on the rear (chain case side)silencer mounting stud that drops through the silencer mounting bracket attached to the chassis. The update applies to all 2012 800 models.

We are currently contacting those customers who purchased silencers and pipe kits from us after May 1st 2011. We are also attempting to get with all our dealers who purchased kits from us and update their inventory as well as get there customers info in order to reach customers that purchased silencers and pipe kits from the dealer. We are trying to reach as many customers as possible that could be installing a silencer or pipe kit on a 2012, but we will not be able to reach all of you. If you do not hear from us, please contact us as we would like to get this free update out to you quickly.

Thanks,

Dustin

Attachments

• 2012 Pro silencer update.pdf
    274.5 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
We are trying to figure that out right now but so far it looks like the map will not change. I will let you know when we get the official results.

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
OK, the maps will stay the same for the 2011 and 2012 models. We are going to use different part numbers for the 2011 vs the 2012 just so we can keep track of what maps are going on what year, but the map is the same map.

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
I know this is a stupid question but does the Stage 2 SLP set up void the factory warranty?

We do not get involved in the warrenty....The only acurate answer to that must come from your dealer.

Dustin

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Go look at the Dragon threads on the warranty issues guys are having with Polaris. There is absolutely no way stage 2 will be covered under warranty. A can you are pushing your luck. These days your best bet is don't let the dealer know what you have. If the sled goes in for work the sled has to be bone stock. Depending on your dealer but Polaris has really cracked down on the dealers. If they can get out of paying for it they will. Just error on the safe side and remove all mods ;)

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
OK so you put a pipe and can and change the map and someone says this runs better and they try it but the engine fails so they hurry and put it back to stock, or even if the engine fails with the correct slp pipe and the failure had nothing to do with it how on earth do you expect a tech to solve the problem?If you trust your dealer let him know if not wing it.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Dustin, is it obvious from the pipe box contents if this washer is present or not? Or is there a change to the instructions in the box? Different number on the box maybe? I have ordered pipes in from HPE just to have on hand and am just curious if there is an easy way for me to tell if they are updated with the washer or not.

sled_guy

U

ulost

Feb 15, 2008
Wahpeton, ND
Can you, or has anybody run a different silencer with the slp stage 2 or 3. Just looking to get a little more noise as far as locating others in my riding group, especially in the trees.

Cascade Addiction

Lifetime Membership
Sep 21, 2011
WA Cascades
Can you, or has anybody run a different silencer with the slp stage 2 or 3. Just looking to get a little more noise as far as locating others in my riding group, especially in the trees.
x2 I ride in middle of nowhere, would like to know also if a silencer change is possible and still run same fuel map, probably go HPS or SKINZ Super Q

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
Go look at the Dragon threads on the warranty issues guys are having with Polaris. There is absolutely no way stage 2 will be covered under warranty. A can you are pushing your luck. These days your best bet is don't let the dealer know what you have. If the sled goes in for work the sled has to be bone stock. Depending on your dealer but Polaris has really cracked down on the dealers. If they can get out of paying for it they will. Just error on the safe side and remove all mods ;)

Do not make any assumptions on warranty! Some dealers offer an in house warranty. You must ask your dealer to know for sure.

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
Dustin, is it obvious from the pipe box contents if this washer is present or not? Or is there a change to the instructions in the box? Different number on the box maybe? I have ordered pipes in from HPE just to have on hand and am just curious if there is an easy way for me to tell if they are updated with the washer or not.

sled_guy

Instructions have been changed but the box looks the same.

Premium Features