• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTB Servomotor ASAP

B
Jan 20, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
My servomotor went out in my 02 mountain cat 800 EFI LE and I'm looking for a used one. Looking to spend around $50. Please help, we just got dumped on with snow and I gotta get back out there.

R

redwolf_92

Feb 19, 2011
Wadena, Mn
Sorry, I don't have a servo motor for you, but what symptoms were you experiencing that lead you to the conclusion that your servo motor was bad? I have been experiencing some odd behavior from my engine and am having a hard time pinpointing the problem. Thanks

B
Jan 20, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
No problem, I actually got one last week from someone on arcticchat.com

i guess the servomotors going out is a pretty common occurance in these sleds. If the powervalves aren't kept clean they plastic gears in the servomotor that drive the power valves spin out and strip the teeth off.

the symptoms for this were boggyness and it seemed like the throttle would cut out. I would have to feather it a bunch to get it to get going and would rev up and bog down nonstop. At first i thought it was the throttle safety switch, which is really finicky on these sleds. I would check to make sure you have about 1/16" of free play with the throttle. too much or too little can have the same effects of boggyness as the servomotor going out. if its right then chances are the powervalves need to be cleaned and/or the servomotor went out.

good luck man, hopefully its not the servomotor. a new one can be pretty pricey

Premium Features