• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Primary Clutch Adjuster

C
Feb 1, 2008
Does anyone out there know of an aftermarket primary adjuster that would allow one to be able to adjust the engagement RPM. I have a 2009 and 2010 M8.

Thanks

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Engagement is set by weights and different spring ration. Find out what you have and get a spring with a lower start rate. I like to keep my engagemnet around 3500

C
Feb 1, 2008
I wish it were that easy. I run heavy weights with the lowest engagement spring that will work with the shift out rate that I like that holds my top RPM's. There are some aftermarket clutches and or clutch covers out there that allow engagement rpm changes. I have heard a rumor out there that someone makes an aftermarket primary bolt that has an adjustment feature to it. Thanks:face-icon-small-hap

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
You may be looking for "Thunder Products". Check out http://www.theracinstation.com/. I have one from my 2006 M7. If it is the same number I will sell it to you. Best thing I had on the M7. Smooth engagement with no more slamming.

I have one of these (ABC). Works great for sleave to belt adjustment. It will make the enagagement smoother but does nothing for engagement RPM. You'll need a different spring or washer/spacers for that.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
if the abc can widen the sheaves, then wouldn't you by definition make it take longer to reach the belt, in turn increasing the engagement rpm?

It's kind of backwards of the intended use I'd think, but I could see it working (IF you wanted higher engagement that is)

Premium Features