• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 700MXZ NO spark

T
Jan 20, 2011
We have a 2002 700 MXZ RER with no spark. We have checked kill switch. pimary coil,trigger coils,stator,MPEM box, DESS switch. all test good. WE took it to a dealer and had it check out. They put a new MPEM box on it still no spark. They had another 2002 MXZ 700 come into there shop with same problem. Dealer got SKI-Doo factory involved. They said it was the The MPEM box so they tried another one. still no spark. So after 1,200.00 we still have no spark! Dealer said they did not have any idea what was wrong and said come and get the sled. What a deal. would any body out there have any Idea's to try ?? Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
D
Jan 8, 2011
no spark

Sorry to hear about your problem, 1200 bucks is alot of money. Well my buddy has the same sled and the same problem. I'm in utah now but was in MN for the holidays and tried to help him with his sled. Last I heard he brought it to the local dealer and they narrowed it down to the MPEM, I thought it was that or the kill switch. He bought a new stator, but didn't fix it. I have read on this site that some guys have tested the stator good, but it was the problem anyway.... Well he has the old stator and would sell it, if you want to try it. Not trying to rip anybody off, just a thought. Call Brian at 320-364-0881, he has it in MN.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Its probibly a connection problem between the wiring harness and the MPEM. The pins in the connector can get worn out and do not make good contact, either that or a broken wire in the harness.

Solution: check the pins in the wiring harness, to do this you need a drill bit the right size and insert it into the pins and see if they are loose. replace the bad pins. unfortunatly I dont remember what size drill bit, maybe some one else will chime in. if thats not the problem, skidoo make a testing board that you plug the wiring harness into to check the curcuits for continuity, you need a wiring diagram and the testing board to do this.

option 2 - change the wiring harness.

T
Jan 20, 2011
Did the MPEM fix the sled? We have had 1 used box on it. Ski-doo had 2 new box's on it. still no spark. I may give your friend a call on the stator. have a few more things to check. Thanks for your help !

T
Jan 20, 2011
I have ohm'd every wire on the sled. they all ohm good. WHAT a job. I will check out the pins and see if there is any loose one's. Thanks for your info.

W
Dec 1, 2007
Cañon City, CO
I have an '03 600 and no spark. I'm thinking my problem is the stator, I put my test light on the wires coming straight off the stator and pulled the rope and no juice. Should I have juice or am I missing something?

D
Jan 8, 2011
Wart...did you have the mulimeter set on ac or dc voltage? Pretty sure volts coming right off the stator are ac because they are before the rectifer which is in the cdi box. Could be wrong on were it is, but check volts on ac too. Remember one set is for lighting and one for ignition.

T
Jan 20, 2011
I checked the pins. The drill bit size is .055 or a number 54 drill bit. Pins measure .057. they where all good and snug on drill bit. back to square one. But thanks for the info.

Premium Features