• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Frozen track?

K
Nov 2, 2009
Hey everyone,
I am new to sledding and have run into a small problem. After I am done riding and park my sled outside for the night, it doesn't want to go in the morning. I am sure something is frozen, but what do you do to prevent this. Seems very hard on the belts......

Thanks.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Lift the rear of the sled off the ground.
Rotate track while lifted. That will warm up the belt and track.

H

HDEMWET

Nov 19, 2010
i live in swastika, ont. canada
because your sled is warm, it melts the snow underneath the tunnel and even the snow its sitting on, which then freezes. Effectively, when you start up in the morning the track is frozen to the ground so you'll burn a nice section out of your belt each time you do this. Make or buy a rear stand, and when you stop riding, put the rear bumper up on the stand and spin the track to rid the suspension of built up snow and clear out the tunnel. Or, before you ride, pick up the rear of the sled and hoof it up and down a few times to break it free of the ground, this will also break up any built up ice from your suspension. Lots cheaper than buying new belts

Premium Features