• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone running Non Arctic Cat injection oil??

P

paydirtdave

Aug 7, 2009
North Idaho
Just wondering what people are using if not using A/C oil, would like to hear some comments on the subject which brand and wether flow needed to be adjusted or not.

Ok Thanks
And I Feel So Much Depends On The Weather

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
I agree with arctic, this topic always goes nowhere and ends up getting ugly because everyone is apparently a chemist.

Pick a good oil and stick with it. Every oil has someone who has good experience with it. Basically, pick which ever one makes you feel warm and fuzzy and ride.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
the oil you guys use SUCKS.

MY oil is the best.

IT's an intreweb fact.

run what you like the smell of. oh, and if your buddies aren't smart enough to turn their sleds off when they're stuck... make THEM run what you like the smell of too!

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
I can't stand the smell. If Yummiest don't need it then I don't. Removed weight. Don't need to take time to add the pretty colored stuff. More room under the hood for muff pots. Also makes it easy to reach any dropped tools. I also don't like antifreeze. It is sticky and tastes bad when used with a French dip sandwich. I made mine into an air cooled. Just hook the turbo to the main coolant line. The EGT's have never been better. I also cured the track from ratcheting. Just turn it inside out. The drivers will get lots of traction. There will be no track stabbing also.
Oil is over rated, unless it is pretty.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
When cat went balistic on oil prices, I went back accross the street and tried the variety of cenex oil, found the semi- synthetic to be as clean as the full synthetic, power valves stay at clean as you could expect.

Mike

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
When cat went balistic on oil prices, I went back accross the street and tried the variety of cenex oil, found the semi- synthetic to be as clean as the full synthetic, power valves stay at clean as you could expect.

Mike

Mike, I agree 100%. But I found this year that the snow max is now full synthetic. What is the semi synthetic called now? I ran the semi for YEARS and never had to pull a power valve or had a burn down/bearing failure.

Thunder

S

SledderX

Sep 20, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Two Stroke Oil

I have been using Amsoil Interceptor Injection Oil for years in my two stroke cats from pre mix 440's with race fuel to my last 5 M series sleds. I find it burns cleaner than the cat oil, less smoke. Just my opinion, has worked great for me anyway.

Premium Features