• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 shock revalve

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
I revalved my M8 , 3 earlier version Floats and my rear suspension front shocks to the 2011 spec. I also used a higher flow ported shock valve on my rear suspension shocks and ported the stock valves on my front floats.

Always tough to make real good defininte evaluations in this early snow.

Most impressed with the job it did on the rear suspension front shock, hooks better in the soft snow, for sure rides better on the trails. Same spring on the M's07-011, so with the same spring preload I had been running, the shock seems softer, follows bump contour better and seems to hook the snow better.

Front floats........less pogo sticking affect, more supple through bumps, softer feel, I'll add some air next trip out, rode two days with the old air pressure just to try and compare just valving. When you replace the air sleeve seals, and I did put in all new seals ( shocks had 3400 miles on same seals with only oil replace once.) its take some break in. Float shock downside is always the stiction friction of all those seals and especially out in cold dry snow, they will loosen up and break back in.

Rear suspension float was ok ? Now that I think back, better, maybe working in concert better with the rear sus front shock.

Next I'll add air volume to the front shocks. They always seem to benefit the most from that work.

Overall, not mind blowing. Wish I'd had a stock m along for comparison.

Premium Features