• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 rmk 800 voltage regulator issue

D
May 18, 2009
S.W. Colorado
My brand new 2010 rmk 8 hit the snow yesterday w/ zero miles. Everything worked fine until after about 1.2 hours of run time. All of a sudden instrument panel went dark, and sled shut down. I would re-start the sled and it would go for about 30 seconds, then shut down again. Brought it straight back to the dealer and told them to make it right. They think its a faulty voltage regulator, anyone else had any problems like this..? My sled has 13 miles on it and its already in the shop.

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
The symptoms of your sled sound like a faulty regulator. There is an updated part number for a new Polaris regulator that was posted here on the Forums. Polaris has been covering the repair for most of the regulators when they have went out.

akrevrider

D
Dec 3, 2009
Northern Utah
2010 Dragon

That sucks . I also purchased a 2010 800 Brand new with zero miles . Wanted to take it out for a road trip soon but think i better wait tell i know there well be others around if i need towed out.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Make sure they replace the ecu also. If they act like they will not then run it before you take it in and let it fry the ecu the rest of the way. I bet if you pull the ecu now and look on the underneath side it is starting to blister and melt, its toast dont let them fool you. Just trying to save you another trip to the dealer.

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
just so you guys know polaris is doing a 1 year extended warranty on the voltage regulators and ecu's on 09 and 10 600/700/800's. The one year starts from the date your original warranty ends.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Puyallup, Wa.
I am curious about the 08 D8s as well.

I just replaced the 4101731 VR on my 08 D8 163 with the updated 4012930 VR because of a couple of bubbles on the bottom of the old one.

Anyone know if they are having any issues with the updated 4012930 VR?

D
May 18, 2009
S.W. Colorado
That sucks . I also purchased a 2010 800 Brand new with zero miles . Wanted to take it out for a road trip soon but think i better wait tell i know there well be others around if i need towed out.

all you can do is ride it until it fails, mine went out with 9 miles on the sled. Had to limp it out another 4 miles. it would run but only in 30 second intervils. I THOUGHT BUYING NEW, I WOULDNT BE HAVING THESE PROBLEMS, the dealer is taking care of me though and im keeping my fingers crossed that they will make it right

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
all you can do is ride it until it fails, mine went out with 9 miles on the sled. Had to limp it out another 4 miles. it would run but only in 30 second intervils. I THOUGHT BUYING NEW, I WOULDNT BE HAVING THESE PROBLEMS, the dealer is taking care of me though and im keeping my fingers crossed that they will make it right

Could you doo all of us a big favor? Find out what number is on your original "Failed" voltage regulator and then let us know what number VR is on the replacement if indeed that is what has went out.

We have a big thread somewhere on this very issue...trying to figure out which number VR's are failing and finding out what the latest part number is.

D
May 18, 2009
S.W. Colorado
Could you doo all of us a big favor? Find out what number is on your original "Failed" voltage regulator and then let us know what number VR is on the replacement if indeed that is what has went out.

We have a big thread somewhere on this very issue...trying to figure out which number VR's are failing and finding out what the latest part number is.

Yes I will ask the dealer the old part number and the new one that they are installing, The sled is at dealer now sitting because they are waiting on the new part. As soon as it is done, I will find out re post under this Thread

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
Yes I will ask the dealer the old part number and the new one that they are installing, The sled is at dealer now sitting because they are waiting on the new part. As soon as it is done, I will find out re post under this Thread

X2

I have also had my VR go out and take out and ECU. You may want to have them look at the pistons because a lot of sleds that had the VR and ecu go out causes the sleds to go super lean and scuff the pistons. I have the updated VR but would be very interested if your VR was the updated one or the older one. Thanks

A
Feb 11, 2010
I have a 2010 Polaris 700 RMK. It has ~250 miles on it.
Yesterday, part way through our ride the dash lights went out and
the headlight dimmed, then a minute or 2 later the headlight went out.
Then shortly after the sled would turn off. Restart and repeat all
the way back to the truck.
After finding this thread, i went and checked the regulator part number.
It has 4012476 on it.
Based on this thread's info i need to take it into the dealer and
have a new updated one put on (4012930).

I couldn't find the service bulletin info mentioned, so....
Are there any other rmk known electrical problems that could also exibit this
problem? Or is my outdated regulator most likely the definite issue?

Thanks for the info!

L

Lovesnow

Nov 26, 2007
North Dakota
I have a question. If Polaris know's there is a problem with a part, and also an updated part, to fix the problem part, why don't they have the dealer's replace that part before it fails (and leaves you stranded, or ruins your snowmobiling trip)??????? Or am I missing something? Thanks and think snow!

D
May 18, 2009
S.W. Colorado

Alright guys, the dealer could not give me the part # of the old VR that came out of my 2010 rmk 800. " i guess they threw it away before i was able to ask" But they replaced it with VR part number 034-4012476. They informed me that this is the most current VR that polaris is offering. Im hopping that this will solve my problems with my brand new sled. They said that my ecu was fine because the VR failed on the low end of voltage rather than the high end.

Premium Features