• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A20 - Powder or Hillclimb

N

nytro-r6

Dec 15, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Not trying to start a debate. Just looking for suggestion on which position it should be run in...

Most of my riding is done in Colorado. The track is new so do I run it in Hill-climb or Powder position?:noidea:

Thanks
###########################################
###Looks like my question is answered a few posts up....####
###########################################

Thanks anyway

Last edited:
D

DeepInTheTrees

Nov 26, 2007
Battle Ground, WA
This has obviously been covered in depth on here, if you do some searches.

The A20 was IMO a good specialty track in either position, but not a very good all around track (understatement?:D)

Powder Position: Great in the soft fluffy stuff, I thought it was tough to beat for a powder only track. If you happened to hit a hard icy spot (ridge, road, etc.) it could be dangerous. Sometimes on an icy road with little or no incline you'd have to push to get going, cuz there is just no traction. I've heard of guys climbing hills, and hitting an icy patch near the top, and nearly coming down backwards for lack of traction. In the springtime, the powder position is no good, obviously, lack of traction, in heavier spring powder it's debatable which position is better, would prob. go hillclimb.

Hill Climb Position: Crazy good traction going uphill. Gives a huge rooster behind you with the stock snow flap, sucks for people behind you. Scary going down hill with this, no traction. In powder or soft snow in this position, trenching is a serious problem.

So basically if you have and are going to use an attack 20, I would have mine in powder position until spring, then switch to hillclimb.

That's my take on it, anyways. Hope it helps.

Premium Features