• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone running the timbersled intake?

S

schmitt

Mar 27, 2008
WI
Has anyone ran timbersled's intake kit? Is it worth the money? I would be putting this on a 2010 m8.

How about any clutching suggestions?

Sled will be stock besides maybe the intake, can, and a bunch of venting. Unless someone has some good performance mod ideas.

R

rigrat

Apr 19, 2008
Alberta
If u are trying to lose weight the Timbersled will do it but it adds a lot of intake noise. I run one on my 08 M1000 and if i had to do it again ,i would mod the stock airbox and loose the weight of the air assembly that is attached to the hood. There is a lot of info about this subject if you do a search. A couple other things about the Timbersled is that i found the installation hardware too light and its pretty expensive (should at least include the extra long drill bit that is needed for installation).

S

schmitt

Mar 27, 2008
WI
I didnt see much using the search bar. How do you do the self intake mod like you were talking about?
Thanks

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
The advanced search is MUCH more useful, you'll get tons of info there.

The 8 will lose some power (not large, but noticeable in side by side) with any of the open intakes that eliminate the airbox. (t-sled, BDX, Cutler...)

If you're going to do it anyhow (is 8 lbs worth a tiny power losss... depends on your riding style, I'd do it on my sled) The BDX is more bang for the $$.

K

knuts82

Dec 12, 2007
Bismarck ND
You should take a look at the D&D firebreather intake, I run one on my sled and a friend has the timersled and mine performs much better in the deep, but I also have a mesh hood. Fit and finish is better on the D&D also...

S

schmitt

Mar 27, 2008
WI
ok thanks guy's! Any other stuff I need to do or know about this thing? Hows the seat, is the boss better, clutching, revalving shocks? Im a poo guy so im totally in the dark here!!
Thanks

Premium Features