• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

correct track for an 02 ZR 600

B
Mar 11, 2010
My son and I stretched a stock 02 Zr 600 EFI 121 to a 136 and put on a 1.25 lug track which did ok but we are looking to go to a deeper lug track like a 1.75. My concern is that it looks as though a lug bigger than a 1.25 is going to hit the front tunnell cooler. Any one know how the ZR Mountain Cat LE's are set up as they run a 2" paddle and clear the coolers? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

boone

Premium Member
May 27, 2007
Crazytown!!
Not sure but I belive the Mountain Cats ran a different chaincase than the ZR's, lowering the driveshaft allowing more room for track clearance. An easy fix would be to swap your drivers out for smaller ones and re-gear accordingly. Dy dropping one tooth on your drivers you should gain the clearance needed to run the track you want.

Boone

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
The chaincase itself was actually the same, but the bulkheads were slightly different starting in '01. They did a very minor drop and roll, and then a more major one in '03 with the 1M chassis.

Like boone said, going to a smaller driver would likely do what you need with the corresponding gearing change.

Premium Features