• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking for 6 post clutch rebuild parts

P
Oct 2, 2008
Any suggestions out there? The dealer says just by a new primary for $500, but it seems that a bolt kit and new bushings for the spider should do the trick for a lot less. Any suggestion as to where I can find those parts would be helpful as my dealer doesn't stock them.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Look around on here, e-bay, should be able to find one new, or used with low miles for half of that.

I don't recommend rebuilding. I rebuilt 2 different ones 3 times and each time I only got 100 miles out of them. I don't know why, verything was done to specs. Jeff at Dakota Performance finally told me not to rebuild them as he tried the same thing and had poor reliability as well.

On 2 of them, the bushings wnet out, on the last one the spider spun off. I was there when the old fella that rebuilt them was doing it, and he torqued to spec and used proper loc-tight......just my experiences.

Premium Features