• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

F7 Piston replacement??

B
Feb 20, 2010
Lisbon, ND
Does anyone know an easy way to change the pistons on a 03 F7? Or do you have to pull the motor to do it. Any input would be helpfull. And also what do does everyone think about weisco pistons good or bad?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
you should be able to pull them with the motor in, it's about a 2 fr or so job if it's your first time.

use suzuki (cat) pistons, I'm not very opinionated about motor work, but I have yet to hear a single solid engine builder that recommends wieseco pistons.

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska
As said you can do it with motor in sled. Just remove the brace on the clutch side and that will give you more room to work. Have used Wiseco piston on a lot of engines, but you need to let the sled warm up more with them.
On a side note my CPC 1150 engine came with Wiseco pistons stock.

S
Feb 21, 2009
cat pistons

Use stock piston.Did you seize it or what that motor should go to 5000 miles easy check compression and if good run it..

B
Feb 20, 2010
Lisbon, ND
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE INPUT. I think what happened was the air box came apart and it sucked a bunch of air in. I did a compression test and the left cylinder only had 60 pounds.

Premium Features