• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HOT DOG COOKER RECIPES

Nov 21, 2009
we normally do burritos, but I would like to try corndogs here some time.....I think it should keep from getting soggy as long as I maybe wrap it in some paper towel?

M7DingBat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2009
Alaska
Hot pockets, or truck stop burritos. Here's another question though....where are you guys mounting them?? I've seen folks down near/on the Y. On the middle of the pipe, or right there where the pipe meets the can. Also, about how long does it take for your stuff to cook in your corisponding locations....don't mean to highjack the thread, I've just always been interested and had always forgoten to ask!! :face-icon-small-sho

A

alwaysridin

Nov 26, 2007
Jerome,Idaho
Hot Dogger

Marinated flank steak cooked on barbeque as you would serve raw then cut it up into small chunks, ride hard and have nice cooked steak for lunch.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
On sleds that have a round can, we've been mounting them on top of the can. Works great, just hot enough to melt the plastic on a burrito if you leave it in there all day.

Costco has egg rolls that are great in the cooker. I'll also cook up a batch of lipton sides rice, with some chicken mixed in, then toss it in a burrito & wrap it in foil, makes a few good lunches.

but hot pockets are always the standby

another hot pockets fan

A sled without a cooker... I just can't imagine it.

Last edited:
S

shaneo11

Jan 14, 2008
The Dalles
I mounted my muffpot on my SLP can. I put 3 frozen burrito's in parchment paper and and oven bag and after 2-3 hours riding they were hot and a little bit crispy even. The time before that when I just wrapped them in tin foil they were kind of soggy.

Premium Features