• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

South AK Riders sound off

M7DingBat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2009
Alaska
Hey guys,

I'm an interior Alaskan (North Pole) and this weekend myself and some buddies are heading south with the sleds and women folk. The deal is, we take the ladies to Anchor-town for shopping and all that, and us men get to go ride. Thing is....We've never riden down south (excluding Valdez) and we'd really like to hit Turnagain. So how does a fella shred Turnagain?!? Is there a pull-off?? Is there a sign that says "Hey Douche bag, shred here!" I need help.

Let me know fellas, and hopefully, I'll see a few of you out there.:face-icon-small-coo

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
hey

The riding area for turny is at the top of the pass on the right side of the road. Theres a huge parking lot with crap houses, can't miss it man.
IMG_0029.jpg

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Hey thanks partner, much appreciated. :thumb:

you park on the west side and ride the west side..the east side is for skiers....when you ride out of the lot you can head north a little ways and see where the trail goes up over the top to the back bowls..be careful and make sure all your guys have avy gear and know how to use it.....

Premium Features