• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m8 Clutch issues

B
Jan 20, 2009
Went ridin today and went to crawl over a small log and my sled would rev but wouldnt move. Turned out the belt fell off ( didnt break but just fell off the secondary), I found this really odd. I am clueless when it comes to clutching. Also the sled as about 1000 miles now and I think I can heer rattling that comes from the clutches( could be rattleing from anywhere tho). Is there anything I should check? Do you need to get clutches serviced? Thanks!

S
Nov 25, 2009
interesting several things come to my mind....one are you sure you had the proper belt on....next i would check the spring in the secondary to see if it is broke....it is is just sliding off sheave it might be time for a new secondary clutch....as far as the ratteling goes when does it happen and what does it sound like....metal pinging or just a tonka tonka...check the bolts on the secondary they can loosen up over time

B
Jan 20, 2009
Thanks for the reply, the rattling I hear just at idle, also I pulled my secondary off and noticed there were no shims behind it? I'm thinking about just taking it in to make sure everything is aligned, or is there a way for a guy to do it himself?

Premium Features