• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

f7 not running right??

N

northerns4

Nov 21, 2008
hey guys,

i did try searching a bit, but here goes...

im posting this for my cousin who has a f7 with 144" conversion. he says the sled isnt running quite right. its as if, under steady mid throttle cruising, some one is pushing the kill button and quickly pulling it back out before the engine dies. so like it dies for an instant and then keeps going? i tried it around the neightbourhood for a couple mins and didnt notcie it but he's saying it happens often.

could it be a possible fuel filter issue? where would one find the fuel filter on the f7? its an 04'. any other ideas? i thought maybe somehting was frozen around the kill switch but i thawed it out in my garage, nice ice buildup and still haqppens he says.

thanks a lot!!

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
sorry more info

Not enough info. will it not do it full throttle?
what happens if he pins it?
if it was running out of fuel wouldn't do it at full throttle?
Is he feathering it when it does it and is his cable just a bit loose?

check the switch inside the handlebar by the throttle. it senses the postion of where the trottle is and relays it to the computer so if it isnt readin right it will shut the sled down or for a split second. something i have run into before. the sled will feel like it has fuel problems.

PhantomCat

Phantom Goblin
Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2008
NW Montana
Also....does he have an Ethanol switch on the cowling...check it and see if it is in the correct position....had that happen to me on my 03 F7!

Also what mmsports said...need more info!!! :beer;

J
Nov 25, 2008
Lincoln CA
As suggested, check the throtlle handle to see if your problem may be there. Too much slack in the throttle cable can cause what it sounds like you're describing. In addition, try pushing on the tether switch cap when the problem happens and see if that makes it go away. If so, install a small self tapping screw in the rubber nub that protudes from inside the tether cap. The rubber nub will deform over time and not fully depress the switch inside the tether. Both of those are common problems that will make the sled cut out.

Premium Features