• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First 100 miles on 2010 crossfire 800sp

B

bacobits

Dec 9, 2007
Laramie, wyo.
The new motor is very impressive, walks away from 09hcr & my 09m8, all are stock. I did swap track on cf from 1.5 cobra to the powerclaw. As far as cats high altitude clutching(9000- 11000ft) it needs some work. Peak rpm is on the money at 8300, but it engages at almost 5g's, more than 1000 too high. It has 58g for weights & black/orange spring. It's a different kind of power than the 09 motor, not as smooth, quicker rever always ready to scream. If anybody has any clutching ideas I'll try it. The m sleds are set up way different than the 141 crossfire for 2010. Belt wise the cf runs the 60 when the m's run the 46, why?

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
2010 Clutching

If you do not like engagement that is the new black spring. You will need to change the spring is the easiest way to fix. You can do some custom weights that are nice but I am not going to go into that.

The 060 belt is a better or as I like to put it is a stickier belt and I love that belt. It is faster and can make as much as 200 rpms less then the 046 belt. I run both belts on my sled depending on snow and conditions. The belt does need to be broke in or it will heat up fast and blow but if broke in proper works awesome.

B

bacobits

Dec 9, 2007
Laramie, wyo.
2010 XF clutching

Thx mmsports for reply. I'm gonna try some different springs & weights this weekend. This is the wifes sled & with blk spring & 58g weights it hits hard at engagement, would like to make it a little softer for creeping through the trees. I,ll be the guiena pig for my dealer, clutching is not their fortay.

Premium Features