• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Numbers - Are Cat's really that popular?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have been watching the total numbers of posts for each specific snowmobile brand for quite some time. I was a little surprised to see that Arctic Cat has continually had the highest number of posts since Snowest revised the forum.

Are Cat's really twice as popular as Yamahas?

I realize the numbers below fluctuate but, the Cat numbers continue to remain far above the rest. Actually, this is the closest I have ever seen Skidoo. So post away Cat boys!

So based on the below numbers, shouldn't Cat be the #1 snowmobile brand? :beer;

Arctic Cat 96,001
Polaris 89,639
Ski-Doo 64,050
Yamaha 47,017
Sub-Forums 10,183

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
LMAO! :beer;

Were a loyal Bunch! Love to talk about the best sleds money can buy!

C

Cascade Crud

Nov 21, 2008
Sultan WA
Cat owners are dead loyal. I have ridden almost entirely cats since I started riding. My one deviation was a 2000 summit 700 wich I broke the living hell out of in one season riding the same way I had been on my powder special and it held up fine. ;) I'm on my 4th new cat since then :cool:

I bleed green

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I also attribute some of that to not having another strong Cat forum, like the Doo boys have with Dootalk. At least I haven't found one. I know most of my Doo friends live on Dootalk and stop by here on occasion. I live here as I haven't found another good Cat powder site.

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
CAT Is #1

Hey Frosty I've noticed this too, especially vs doo. Because doo is suppose to be #1. In our circle of sleds cat and doo are about equal in numbers, how does your numbers stack up. doo vs cat or any other brand.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
There are a couple other Strong Arctic cat forums, but neither come close to offering the amount of information we have here on Snowest for the M Series. The other are more for the F Series and XF.

I am always open to suggestions, and I know I still have loads of work to do on the quick links page, but feel free to drop me a PM on making the Cat forums better. Im glad to see we have a lot of traffic!

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
when this becomes pay to view where are we all going to migrate to? i pay for the mag subscription, i dont feel i should have to supplement the publisher for the internet forum too. we have a good group here, i am a moderator on dootalk, and totallyamaha.com i have migrated to the snowest M forum because i bought two M's recently and couldnt get as much info i needed on arcticchat.com not disrespecting any of the sites including this one but, we need a place to get together.

i have an error issue i only get here on snowest, and i cant read any pages with more than 30 or so posts on it. cant say i want to pay for a site when i cant access 100% of it. i have contacted christopher multiple times, and he always says he will look into it for a fix, and yet i still have the error. ski

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@snowest.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.0 (Fedora) Server at www.snowest.com Port 80

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I cuurently don't ride with any guys riding Doos. I just broke off from my Yamaha riding group and I'm still trying to meet more Cat riders in my area.

Pay to use a website? It figures, about the time everyone figures out how great this forum is, they start charging. :mad:

What's next, paying to get on Craig'slist?

That's sad, our numbers will drop off very quickly. The same thing would happen to the volume of people if Craigslist starts charging.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
i might attribute the high posting to the number of mods the cat guys do. It seems like the aftermarket supports cat a little more and hence there are more questions about tuning and mods and such. That and the fact that the m chassis has remained in cats lineup for so long. Most of the other brands are on a newer chassis so not as much info to share with older sleds. Just a thought:D

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
More posts on cats because they have way more issues and problems! LOL:eek:

Serously, I went to cat last year, a turbo KK, after many years with doo;and once I tried a M series I had to have one, 1000 turbo, but that was after I bought a 09 XP....I like that too.

Doesn't surprise me that they are twice as popular as yamaha though, probably alot more than that in the field.

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
garage001-2.jpg

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
It seems I should have posted this on the "All Arctic Cat" forums category. I bet our fellow Cat riders would be interested to know they are #1 as well.

Is there a way to move a thread to another category (if you're not a moderator)?

Premium Features