• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

slp y-pipe install

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
Please tell me I can leave the stock studs in the motor, and use the stock bolts for slp y-pipe!!! I'v been messing with gettting them out, and its not working at all. any info would be great. Tim.

M

mr p-j

Feb 17, 2008
dont se the problem... stock y-pipe goes off, slp y-pipe goes on.
why mess whit the bolts?

M

meakin46

Oct 20, 2008
i dont think you can use the stock nuts, i tryed the flange on the nut hits the pipe i also tryed nuts without flanges on them. still wouldent work, as for pulling the studs just get a good set of vice grips and turn em out , double nuting makes for a headache

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
You can't use the studs the weld on the y-pipe is in the way when you try to put the nuts back on, double nut the studs to get them out they come pretty easy and you won't ruin the threads. hope that helps!!!

Last edited:
A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
yeah

I was making it alot harder than it was, and they came out easy. I got the new bolts in, except for the two bottom inside ones. I need to bend a allen wrench, or figure something out for those one. I thought someone posted what they used, but can't find it.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Ya thats what i do i have a couple allan wrenches, that are bent just right works every time for me they are about 5" long and i bent them on the handle they fit inside the y.

Last edited:
M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
if i remember correctly, they are 6mm allen head.the best way to get at them is with a ball end allen wrench.don't know where to get one, maybe napa or home depot. any tool truck would have them. i got mine off a snap on truck and it was only a few bucks.

M

meakin46

Oct 20, 2008
i cut about 3" of a balled allen wrench off and put it in a socket with a small extension with a 1/4" rachet works pretty good, much easier than just an allen wrench

Premium Features