• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sno pro 440

D
Dec 24, 2008
I have a 03 sno pro 440 just purchased it from a friend. I'm wondering how I get more top end speed so its more trail ready than race ready i was told i need to maybe change my clutch spring and weights but also maybe my gears. If anyone has done this or knows what i would need to do please help! Thanks!

D
Dec 8, 2008
To make it more trail ready you need: full lenght tunnel coolers from a firecat, bigger fuel tank, low compression heads so you don't need to use race fuel, i have heard that gearing up makes a big difference. IMO, drop an F7 motor in that thing-i have always contemplated doing that, but havent got around to it. Personally, after having some experience with the 440 sno pros back in the day-i wouldnt even mess with the 440 motor....needs to much attention. Look for a crashed F7, fairly cheap, and put motor, clutches, gears, coolers, etc in the race chassis. Good Luck, otherwise ride it till she pops and then look for a firecat.

Premium Features