• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front suspension

D
Oct 21, 2008
Idaho
What has everyone done with the front suspension on the 1m? I read on here one time about someone putting the front end off of an 01 sno pro on one. I just happen to have an 01 sno pro chassis laying around so im thinking about trying it. anyone done it?

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
The front end will sit higher out of the snow with that front end. You will also have a 43" ski stance with that suspension, so sidehilling could suffer. I haven't done this but have two 01 snopros and back in the day a couple of hardcore riders who had Kings wanted to trade me front suspensions, so I know it's a good mod in my opinion. I declined their offer, I think the 01 snopro front suspension does great in the deep. One of mine has a 144 track with a 680 twin replacing the 440. The other is one I'm building from the ground up using the bulkhead and front suspension from the 01 snopro and various 1M and M parts to complete it. It will be a 162 with a 700 triple for the powerplant.

Sprocket

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
D
Oct 21, 2008
Idaho
the sno pro i have used to have a 151 with an 825 PSI motor in it. I liked how it was set up better than the 1m. The 1m doesnt have enough travel, i bottom out all the time and it seems like it sits to low. I pulled everything off the sno pro so looks like i will try it out.

S
Dec 21, 2007
Coquitlam, BC
Hey I run an 01 sno pro with a 136x2" and a D&D 720 open mod race motor with twins....my riding buddies are all on 1m mod sleds.... I absolutely love my sno pro with its longer travel front end...it really eats up the bumps and makes the ride up to the alpine alot more fun:beer;

Originally when I bought mine it had some C&A racing ski's on it which really sucked in the powder, I bought some really wide PPD XMT mountain ski's and now it just floats and sidehills great. I'd say its definitely a positive mod if you're looking for a smoother ride through the bumps vs. the stock 1m front end, probably adds a few pounds though. I ditched the remote resevoir shocks on mine as they were not needed.

Last edited:
S
Dec 21, 2007
Coquitlam, BC
It is wide, but I'm 6'4 235lb with gear so I throw the sled around pretty easy and have no trouble side hilling or laying it over in the powder.

I think your stuck with the wider stance as a trade off to get the increased travel...:beer;

D
Oct 21, 2008
Idaho
DSCN0497.jpg

J
May 25, 2008
puyallup WA
i made my own a arms that made the front end 48 at the spindles. rides awesome and gets the front end up. running really long shocks tho, not just a change of a arms to make it work. i only 6' and 175 so if i can throw i around at 48" wide a 43" shouldnt b a problem for u. with the taller CG of the chassis the wider frontend slows down the weight transfer side to side and adds suspension travel

D
Oct 21, 2008
Idaho
I cant wait to try the 43" setup, the increased travel will be really nice on the whooped out trails too. Im 6'2" and 300lb so throwing it around isnt an issue. I am thinking about trying the shock setup from the sno pro on the rear too.

P
Mar 8, 2008
I'[m looking at donig this mod and was wondering if it is only the 01 that will work with it, i got a 01 mtn cat and might be able to get my hands on a full 03 sno pro front end setup.
Any help would be good.
Cheers
Paul

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I'[m looking at donig this mod and was wondering if it is only the 01 that will work with it, i got a 01 mtn cat and might be able to get my hands on a full 03 sno pro front end setup.
Any help would be good.
Cheers
Paul

As long as it's an AWS V sled, it will work. Also, any ZR suspension would probably work the same.

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
The 00 and 01 were the AWS5 front suspension. With the 02 and newer they r the Firecat chassis, so I think u r limited to the 00 and 01's. The front suspension on both the Z440 and ZR440 r the same so u could use either model.

Sprocket

Last edited:
Premium Features