• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyobdy buy an EXT turbo?

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Have not heard much discussion about this sled...........

I have not bought a new sled since I bought my 99'SummitX......

If I could afford it, this would be the sled that I would get (I think)

Punch that track out to a 156-162 and she would make a great mountain sled.........

Anyone got their hands on one?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
As much as I hate to say it, I think the Doo 1200 is a far superior chassis for someone looking for a non Yammi 4 stroke chassis.

The ext is a good sled, but the weight & build I think are going to drive people other places.
I love the idea that you don't have to throw 6k at it though, I just wish it was lighter & more of a mtn sled.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
The guys at the A/C dealer in town did 2 of them z1 turbo's last year a 162 and a 174. I have heard they absolutely rip and its easy to pull big power out of them, the only downside would be the wieght and the flickability, if you like to boondock i would go with a m-series you can't go wrong there.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
I am at a point in my sledding, where I dont want to wrench on stuff to pull more HP out of a sled.

I want to experience big power with factory reliability.

My old Summit X 670, I think was in the 125 HP range if I remember correctly.

Ok, and then we ride out in island park where we start out at 6,600 ft and ride up to the 8-10k range.

So leaving the cabin you have no more than 100 horses under the hood. The news gets worse from there.

At 9,ooo feet you are running with about 92 HP........

The cat turbo is at +-175 HP at both 6k and 9k..........

Lets say the turbo is 150 pounds more than my old 99'x..........

That would still be impressive if you could throw out the 144" stock rails and bolt on a 162",,,,,,,,, mash the throttle and pretty much go where you please........

Also, it would be nice to take my time getting ready in the morning, while everyone else is in the parking lot, topping off oil, changing plugs. I lean out the door and press my aftermarket auto start keyfob and let the turbo warm up........

I am the kind of guy who once loved to wrench on my sled......... Now I am the kind of guy, who when I go out west, if I have to open the hood for anything other than adding oil, I consider that a failure of a trip :)

I think this sled could be the ticket...........

YOu know next year they will be coming with something a bit lighter and longer........

type_a_positive

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Mongo Norway
AC kit for longtracking:

attachment.php

Premium Features