• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

dropping tunnel bolt down?

A
Oct 22, 2008
I just read on the "best Mods" thread to "drop the bolt down on the tunnel and you won't be able to keep the ski's on the ground" What does this mean? sorry, trying to learn all I can. Also, what would it take to put a 16" wide track on my sled?. I'd like to stay 144" but go 16".

Apr 21, 2008
Need to know what you ride to know if a 16 wide will fit. If it's an M, it won't though. I'm not sure if anyone made a 144x16 either, maybe someone else knows that. Why do you want a 16 wide?

The "bolt on the tunnel" is either the front or rear bolt for the skid. I haven't heard of this being an advantage, I'd be curious to know how it helps as well.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
The last thing you want to do on a 900 is drop the front suspension bolt. The sled transfers to much already and this will make it worse, youll be able to pull great wheelies but will be out of controll on any steep climb and will trench alot more.

To run a 16 wide track all you need is some sled junky drop brackets or some larger upper idler wheels. I ran a 162 16 wide track and loved it for its tree ridding ablitiy, could slow right down and pull some wicked hard lines with out sinking. If a 16 wide track would fit in the M series id have one on my new sled as well.

A
Oct 22, 2008
The last thing you want to do on a 900 is drop the front suspension bolt. The sled transfers to much already and this will make it worse, youll be able to pull great wheelies but will be out of controll on any steep climb and will trench alot more.

To run a 16 wide track all you need is some sled junky drop brackets or some larger upper idler wheels. I ran a 162 16 wide track and loved it for its tree ridding ablitiy, could slow right down and pull some wicked hard lines with out sinking. If a 16 wide track would fit in the M series id have one on my new sled as well.

Thats why I want the 16". I want to stay 144" but would like to gain flotation for tree riding, slowing down to pick the right line in dense places etc etc

C

Cat Bandit

Mar 4, 2009
camoplast makes a 16x 144. I believe you can either get it in 2.52 (ski doo rev track) or 3.0 pitch... tracks usa is amazing...

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
If it were me I would get bigger top idler wheels. You just need the track to clear the tunnel bracket. You can do it also with sled junkie drop brackets, but I dont like those.

Premium Features