• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Simple mods for Kings

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
port track, gut airbox, put on a tether, carb tuning, clutching, what price range are we workin with here

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
#1 mod Forward mount post

This is by far the best mod for these sleds. Do a search i just posted a week ago in two different theards that were almost identical to yours.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
so what your sayin is a turbo is out of the question

D
Feb 9, 2009
prince george B.C.
you can use a stock post and move it to the other side of the steering hoop for the forward mount post but the airbox gets in the way so if you go to pod filters it works.gutting the airbox will help it breath better,but air box is removed with filters,lots of info on track porting do a search, good inexpensive way to gain some performance and like was said tune carbs and clutch.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
if you move the stock post to the front of the hoop you can move the lower mounting holes over 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch and still leave the stock air box in place and readjust the steering linkage to take up the offset.

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
The best thing I ever did to my King was to sell it!! sorry... had to say it :)

That sled drove me nuts!!

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Even with the newer sleds, They have their fare share of problems! They do sidehill nice, Are very maneuverable but have a few problems that should have been corrected since the 1M The 1M is a good starting sled that will more than keep up with the newer stuff if done right!

Mike

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
yes, pop the top and take out the plastic stuff, you cold also throw in a couple bullseyes or TPI valves.....i guess i would just take out the airbox and put in filter pods...that one is a never ending debate though, some like the pods some dont.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
If your attack 20 is brand new or very close to new take it of and turn it around to HC position. Then straighten the paddles out. These are the tools I built to straighten mine out. If it is NEW it might straighten itself out just by riding it in the HC position. Mine had many miles on them before I turned them around they would not go straight by riding, just dig really deep trenches.
ebay032.jpg

ebay033.jpg

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I would buy a proper forward mount post ($200) Gut the air box and add extra vents (i used pods to save more weight but a gutted air box works just as good and is free) Buy a used can to save some weight. Get a 49 or 51 degree helix and run a red white secondary in the middle hole. Make sure your skis are on the narrowest setting. Now go out and have some fun

I have a front dump can on (in the process of doing it anyways) going to get the steering post. Track is already in HC position and bolt is moved on tunnel. So i think for right now im just going to do the forward steering post. How long did it take you guys to do it?

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
I have a front dump can on (in the process of doing it anyways) going to get the steering post. Track is already in HC position and bolt is moved on tunnel. So i think for right now im just going to do the forward steering post. How long did it take you guys to do it?

I did mine last night, took maybe 2 hours, but I was drinking beer, talking to my dog and might as well been getting paid by the hour. I tried the wires a few different ways before I decided on which way to route them. It's really very simple. Top of the steering hoop unbolts, push the post forward and then rebolt the hoop back on. I just loosened my airbox and clamps, pushed it to the side and then retighten for it to clear, might as well gut it while your messing with it, only takes 2 seconds. I still need to pie cut the hood to clear the post. If you mean business could be done in 30min. I'm either going to use some aluminum sheet to cover the old hole, round vent or i might even just shove a beer coozy in it:beer;

Premium Features