• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need help with a loud sled

W
Jun 6, 2009
C.Falls Mt.
I have an 04 900 with psi twins and race stingers. Does anybody have a quieter can or another brand that would work? I will post the same in the parts thread. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

W
Jun 6, 2009
C.Falls Mt.
Hey bud.
No the pipes end straight and the canisters start with a curved end and the two cannister lay sideways and then piping curles again down and out the bottom. The two cannisters are pretty good sized they look like they should not be so loud.

U
Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
If you decide you want to do a different quieter exhaust system and you decide sell the pipes and stingers let me know. I am in kalispell.
You might want to look into a single pipe and can or SLP twins if you want to run twins, they dump into a single can.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
if you do decide to go with a single, i have a speedwerx y pipe, slp single and mbrp silencer that I'm probably not gonna use, its probably not as loud as the twins but has a very nice throaty sound to it... you dont have to run as high RPMs with the single and it was still a great improvement over stock.

W
Jun 6, 2009
C.Falls Mt.
Thanks Meatman
I would like to stick with the twins. I like everything of this set up except the noise. I have not checked with PSI yet mostly because of all the bad experiences I have read about the company. I am pretty sure that I am going to get chewed out by the fish and game officials sooner or later.
Kelly

U
Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
You can check with PSI if you want but it is a safe bet that will be a dead end. We have had 4 900's. We have run singles and twins. We have really seen very little power difference between them. The twins have to be spun harder and the jetting has to be run tighter. There really isn't anything you can do to the psi's to make them any quieter, and I believe you would have to mod a single can to dump them into if you wanted to go that route.
If you want to stay with twins SLP has a set up into a single can that is pretty quiet. Seem like there is always a set for sale in the swap meet. Might be your best bet.

Premium Features