• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

speedwerx 1000 and power valves

P
Jan 19, 2008
I bought a 04 Kingcat with the 1000 kit and slp twins runs great on top but seems to have a little bog on the bottom thinking of grinding the power valves down and putting back them in. Anybody else running power valves in this set up? Seems like most of these are run with the valves just blocked open

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Not running a speedwerx 1000, but running 3 different 975s and we grind the exhaust valves down and keep them. IMO, it makes a difference, but like you said, many people just block them open.

i have the same 04kk with that motor in it not running the power valves have had no bog at all. the only difference is that i am running a speedwerx single pipe and slp can. i am also running speedwerx clutching this thing was spot on last year verry strong running sled. if ya are looking for anouther one i am building a new sled am looking to part with this one good luck with yours.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
running the speedworx 990 (1000) with the stm power valves and the bottom is good even with stock reads. you do have to grind them to match the 9085P but it works.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Like FOMOCO said, I would take out the reeds and replace them!Maybe they are not seating well? Would be the easiest path of least resistance before reinstalling power valves? I will not run V force at all Too much sealing surface to break down!, Modded stockers or Boyson's!

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
I have a D&D 1010 with stm power valves and vforce 3 reeds run great. thanks 76fomoco for the tunnel piece. I haven't put it on but looks like it going to work. thanks again

D
Feb 9, 2009
prince george B.C.
I have 1000 cutler with valves and vforce reeds and it hits like a hammer.I have had more than one engine builder swear by vforce 3's,I tend to follow the manufacturers directions,and have been specifically told to get the most must run vforce 3's...

P
Jan 19, 2008
Looks i will try putting the valves back in,I know these run great with the speedwerx single and no power valves im just trying to keep the slps and make them work

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
You need the valves to keep the port timing lower for bottom end. Grind them back and put them in. Make sure to check clearace when you re-install. The twins seem to need the valves more than the singles.

Premium Features