• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Steering post factory bent???

J

jakim

Sep 23, 2009
I just bought an 05 KK titanium. The steering post has a slight leen to the left and I assume it is bent. The one on the sled now has a bend in it neer the air box that goes down under the motor. When turned to the left it just touches the air box. I got a new one from the dealer today and it is a straight shaft. Did it have an aftermarket post on it? Is it suppose to be straight. Post still comes up between the tank and bar. I would like to find out if this is the right post before I try to change it out.
Thanks for any help.

U

U turn

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Ardrossan, AB
Welcome to KK steering posts. The 05's are straight. I thought the same thing when I looked at mine. I'd take the stock post back to the dealer and order a stronger aftermarket post. I bought a chrome moly one from wildchild here on the forum. I've bought lots off Kurt and highly recommend him. That way you will only do the replacement once.

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
Welcome to KK steering posts. The 05's are straight. I thought the same thing when I looked at mine. I'd take the stock post back to the dealer and order a stronger aftermarket post. I bought a chrome moly one from wildchild here on the forum. I've bought lots off Kurt and highly recommend him. That way you will only do the replacement once.

How much $,$$$,$$$,$$$.$$ did you pay for the chrome moly post?

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I like keeping the post at sock height and useing a taller riser, It let you keep the bars ahead further with out slopeing the riser forward as much, giving you less swing in the bars when turning.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
i dont think you could. The post needs to bend around the carb and if you bent at stock post like this it would no longer be long enough.

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
I would do the bend higher up, right before the hoop, the lower half the tube would remain stock so it would clear. Don't see how it would be too short, if anything it would be taller?

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
You have to keep the overall line of the post striaght, it can bend in and out but must stay in overall straight line.

Premium Features