• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil inside the exhaust pipe?

armey37

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Richland,WA
I have a 05 900 King Cat with 700 miles on it. I was cleaning the motor compartment today and discided to take the exhaust pipe off, when doing this i noticed a small amount of oil (1 tablespoon) sitting inside the inlet from the maniflold to the exhaust pipe. Also last winter I noticed a fare amount of oil inside my air box. Just wondering if any else has this problem. It does seem to run fine though. The only reason I can think that there is so much oil on ever thing is possible because ive been using polairs injection oil inside of cat oil. I know its not recommend but that what the guy before me was using and didnt want to switch it. Does it need to be adjusted? If so how? Also it doesnt smoke once the motor has warmed up. Any help or idea, would be great.

Thanks,
Wes

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
I wouldn't use the Polaris oil, Switch to a good oil Redline, Klotz etc.. Probably not a complete burn of oil? Read above post and make your own decision. I run Blue marble and runs real clean, Have tried Amsoil and works well also. Also read Polaris post on oil related problems from Ingy Dan.

Mike

U

U turn

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Ardrossan, AB
It's a 2stroke, it's going to pool oil somewhere after it cools down. I wouldn't worry about 1 tbs. Oil in airbox is blowback, unless it's large, just wipe it out and go.

Premium Features